At Engelmeier & Umanah, providing outstanding service to you means more than just addressing your current legal needs. We are prepared to work closely with you to develop creative and practical solutions to your individual and business challenges, both now and in the future. We strive to be your law firm of choice by providing targeted legal services, designed for your particular legal needs, locally in the Minneapolis metro area, outstate Minnesota and across the country.
Our diverse team of experienced attorneys and legal professionals delivers skilled legal counsel and exceptional services in a variety of areas of law, counseling, negotiation, mediation and litigation.
At E&U, we are particularly proud of our premier training product designed to cultivate respect in the workplace and assist employers in avoiding discrimination, retaliation and harassment involving their employees or workplaces. Please visit RESPECT EFFECTTM for more information.
The E&U Approach To Service: Client-Focused And Detail-Oriented
The members of our legal team are experienced in providing high-quality legal services in their areas of focus. Our primary areas of practice at E&U include:
- Employment Law. We work with employers and employees to help them manage and address challenges, from contract negotiations to disputes regarding rights and obligations in the workplace, creatively and persistently. We are adept at handling training, investigations and workplace policy development and management. When proactive planning does not achieve optimal results, we are strong advocates supporting our clients in employment litigation.
- Estate Planning And Probate. Our comprehensive estate planning practice addresses the managing of assets during lifetime, the efficient passing of assets to loved ones, the minimization of federal and state estate taxes, delays and public exposure. Tools utilized include wills, trusts and other transfer techniques. Our practice also includes planning for elder care, administering trusts and probate representation, including counsel for contested matters.
- Business And Corporate Law. We help businesses get started, grow, acquire, merge and transition to the next generation as well as implement strategies to help the bottom line and avoid disputes. From start-up to maturity, we work with clients in structuring contractual relationships and agreements to facilitate efficiencies in their product and service delivery.
- Early Childhood Education And School Law. We provide assistance to those engaged in this important work and have done so for many years. We help educators and schools with a variety of legal matters, including getting started, dealing with parents and government agencies, leasing or selling property, training staff and more.
- Individual Specialty Claims. Our other legal services include representation in qui tam cases, personal injury, whistleblower and medical malpractice cases, as well as tax disputes.
- Mediation. Attorneys Sheila Engelmeier and Ivory Umanah serve as Rule 114 Qualified Neutral Mediators for disputes in a variety of areas of law, working diligently and creatively to achieve meaningful resolutions.
Your Priorities Are Our Priorities
When you work with the lawyers and legal professionals at Engelmeier & Umanah, P.A., you can expect to receive exceptional client service, focused on you and your needs.
We invite you to explore our site and get to know us. When you are ready to discuss your legal concerns with our team, please contact us online or call 612-455-7720 to reach our downtown Minneapolis office or 320-230-0375 for our St. Cloud office.