Kenneth M.T. McGurran
Download my Contact Information
I have experience in general commercial litigation as well as employment litigation in both state and federal court. For employment litigation, I have counseled both employees and employers, and use that experience on both sides of disputes to provide additional perspective and insight. In terms of legal skills, I have particular experience with discovery, motion drafting and brief writing, and mediation work. I am a strong legal researcher and writer and an effective oral advocate. When dealing with clients, I am compassionate, responsive, and thoughtful in considering a client’s unique situation and strategic options. I am a competent litigator but I also try to guide clients to solve problems in the most time and cost-effective manner possible.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Litigation 90%
- Employment Counseling 10%
- Minnesota, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2018
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2018
- Honors: Dean’s List
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.S. – 2014
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Psychology and Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Winthrop and Weinstine, P.A., Associate Attorney, August 2018 – May 2020
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Judicial Extern, June 2016 – August 2016
- Justice Lindell, Esq.
- Michael Obermueller, Esq.